If you are looking for treatment for OCD or severe anxiety, New Dimensions can help. New Dimensions has treatment centers in Katy, The Woodlands, and the Clear Lake area of Houston. We specialize in the treatment of anxiety disorders and OCD and can help you learn the tools you need to live a healthier, happier life.
The treatment centers of New Dimensions provide Partial Hospitalization (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programs (IOP) for teens and adults. Our programs are designed to help individuals overcome their anxiety and develop the coping skills they need to prevent OCD from ruling their life.
OCD and Anxiety
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder can be debilitating. OCD is characterized by the presence of recurrent thoughts, urges, or images that create significant anxiety. To cope with these obsessive thoughts, some people begin to develop compulsive rituals or behaviors in order to try to manage the anxiety that they are experiencing. The perpetual loop of obsessive thoughts followed by compulsive behaviors can make functioning almost impossible.
Anxiety Disorders can often be paralyzing. Whether someone experiences generalized ongoing worries and fear, or they experience severe panic attacks, the feeling of anxiety can become so pervasive that it becomes overwhelming. Anxiety can become so intense that it may feel like you are going to die.
Fortunately, there are effective treatment strategies that can help you overcome OCD and anxiety. Our team of licensed clinicians can help you learn to manage your thoughts and decrease the feelings of fear so that you can get back to living the life that you want.
Our treatment centers are ideal for individuals who are in crisis because of their OCD or anxiety and who need intensive treatment to get their life back in control. Our programs are a great alternative to inpatient psychiatric hospitalization and can supplement existing individual and family therapy that you may already be receiving.
Some of the advantages of our programs include:
- Treatment geared toward higher functioning clients – New Dimensions provides a professional environment where higher functioning clients can get the support they need to overcome the problems that they are facing. Our clients tend to be professionals and their families and tend to be those individuals who are seeking intensive treatment without the disruption that can come with inpatient hospitalization.
- Separate programs for adults with mental health or substance abuse issues – New Dimensions treats mental health, substance abuse, and dual diagnosis issues. Our mental health program for adults is during the day and our substance abuse program is during the evening.
- Treatment for Dual Diagnosis Issues – Dual diagnosis issues are addressed by a treatment team of licensed professionals who specialize in mental health and/or substance abuse issues. Adults with dual diagnosis issues are able to attend both the mental health and the substance abuse programs.
- Medication management – New Dimensions provides medication management services for those clients who require psychiatric medication. This allows clients to stabilize their medications while receiving intensive mental health treatment.
- Treatment focused on resolving issues and developing coping skills – The treatment programs at New Dimensions go beyond the crisis stabilization that typically happens in inpatient mental health hospitals. Our programs are designed to help you resolve the underlying issues that may be contributing to your mental health struggles and to teach you the skills you need to better manage the stressors in your life.
- Family-Centered Adolescent Treatment – Our adolescent program is a systems-oriented program. We focus on helping both the teenagers and the family system in which they live. The program is after school and is structured to allow teenagers to continue to attend their current school and the parents to participate in treatment in the evening.
- In-Person and Online Treatment Programs for Adults – New Dimensions provides both in-person and online treatment options for adults. Our online mental health and substance abuse treatment programs are in the evening which allows for more flexible treatment options. Our online treatment programs are open to adults who reside within the State of Texas, including Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, College Station, Lubbock, El Paso, Laredo, Corpus Christi, Tyler, and Beaumont.
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you are in crisis because of OCD or anxiety, New Dimensions can help. To learn more about our services or to schedule an assessment, contact us at 800-685-9796 or visit our website at www.nddtreatment.com. You can also learn about additional services for mental health or substance abuse issues by visiting www.mhthrive.com.