If you are looking for an alternative to an Inpatient Mental Health Hospital, New Dimensions can help. New Dimensions provides Partial Hospitalization (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programs (IOP) to adolescents and adults who are struggling with mental health or substance abuse issues.
Our outpatient treatment programs are designed to provide intensive treatment in a supportive environment while still allowing clients to remain in their own homes. We provide many of the same services that are provided by inpatient psychiatric hospitals without the restrictions that come with hospitalization.
Advantages of our programs vs. an inpatient mental health hospital or psychiatric hospital include:
- No overnight stays – Inpatient treatment facilities require patients to stay overnight. At New Dimensions, all clients return home every evening.
- No locked doors – New Dimensions provides treatment in a professional setting. Clients are able to come and go without restrictions or without the requirements of going through locked doors.
- Treatment geared toward higher functioning clients – New Dimensions provides a professional environment where higher functioning clients can get the support they need to overcome the problems that they are facing. Our clients tend to be professionals and their families and tend to be those individuals who are seeking intensive treatment without the disruption that can come with inpatient hospitalization.
- Separate programs for adults with mental health or substance abuse issues – New Dimensions treats mental health, substance abuse, and dual diagnosis issues. Our mental health program for adults is during the day and our substance abuse program is during the evening.
- Treatment for Dual Diagnosis Issues – Dual diagnosis issues are addressed by a treatment team of licensed professionals who specialize in mental health and/or substance abuse issues. Adults with dual diagnosis issues are able to attend both mental health and substance abuse programs.
- Medication management – New Dimensions provides medication management services for those clients who require psychiatric medication. This allows clients to stabilize their medications while receiving intensive mental health treatment.
- Treatment focused on resolving issues and developing coping skills – The treatment programs at New Dimensions go beyond the crisis stabilization that typically happens in inpatient mental health hospitals. Our programs are designed to help you resolve the underlying issues that may be contributing to your mental health struggles and to teach you the skills you need to better manage the stressors in your life.
- Family-Centered Adolescent Treatment – Our adolescent program is a systems-oriented program. We focus on helping both the teenagers and the family system in which they live. The program is after school and is structured to allow teenagers to continue to attend their current school and the parents to participate in treatment in the evening.
- In-Person and Online Treatment Programs for Adults – New Dimensions provides both in-person and online treatment options for adults. Our online mental health and substance abuse treatment programs are in the evening which allows for more flexible treatment options.
How We Help
New Dimensions can help you overcome the emotional, behavioral, or mental health challenges that are keeping you from living the life that you want. Our programs are ideal for individuals who want intensive treatment, but who don’t want the restrictions that come with inpatient hospitalization.
We often help prevent individuals from having to be hospitalized. We also are a great next step for those adolescents or adults who required hospitalization to get stabilized and now need to continue treatment in a less restrictive environment.
While not everyone is appropriate for PHP or IOP services, many people are able to work through significant emotional distress without having to attend an inpatient psychiatric hospital. PHP and IOP is often appropriate if a person is experiencing any of the issues below.
- Suicidal thoughts
- Severe depression
- Severe anxiety
- Severe stress and burnout
- Bipolar issues
- Behavioral problems
- Inability to get medications regulated
- Severe low self-esteem
- Substance abuse
- Inability to make significant improvements in outpatient therapy
If weekly individual therapy is not enough and inpatient psychiatric hospitalization is not appropriate, New Dimensions can help.
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing mental health or substance abuse problems, New Dimensions can help. To learn more about our programs, visit our website at www.nddtreatment.com or call us at 800-685-9796. New Dimensions also provides psychological testing services and interventions. In addition, outpatient therapy services are provided through our affiliate, MHThrive. (www.mhthrive.com.)
New Dimensions has locations in Katy, The Woodlands, and Houston, Texas and provides online services to residents of Texas.