Have you ever felt so stressed out and anxious that it was hard to function at work? Many people wonder if they can take time off from work for anxiety and stress and if it will be covered under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). The answer to this question is Yes. You can use FMLA if you are struggling with mental health issues such as anxiety. In fact, because New Dimensions works primarily with working professionals, many of our clients use their FMLA benefits while they are in treatment with us. The advantage of using FMLA for anxiety and stress is that it allows an individual to focus on their own recovery and healing without the added pressures of work. Some of the more common reasons that people need time away from work to address their anxiety and stress include:
- Panic attacks.
- Struggling to function at work.
- Unable to concentrate at work.
- Stressed out and overwhelmed by the pressures of the job.
- Worried about losing job because of decreased productivity at work.
- Increased absenteeism due to anxiety, stress or depression.
- Increased anger outbursts at work because of stress and anxiety.
- Increased conflicts at work.
- Increased tardiness at work because of difficulty with sleep.
- Feelings of hopelessness.
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help. Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Our affiliate, MHThrive, provides Individual Therapy, Couples and Marriage Counseling, and Family Therapy at our locations in Katy, The Woodlands, and the Clear Lake area of Houston, Texas. We also provide telehealth therapy for anyone who resides within the State of Texas. To schedule an appointment with one of the MHThrive therapists, contact us at 713-477-0333 or visit www.mhthrive.com to learn more.