New Dimensions Day Treatment Centers provides alcohol treatment to adults and adolescents who are struggling with alcohol abuse, binge drinking, or alcoholism. We provide alcohol treatment to individuals and families in Houston, Clear Lake, Galveston, Friendswood, Pearland, Baytown, Pasadena, Deer Park, Dickinson, Katy, Richmond, Sugar Land, Cypress, The Woodlands, Spring, Kingwood, Humble, Conroe, and the surrounding areas. If you are looking for treatment for alcohol problems, we can help.
How to Identify When Alcohol Becomes a Problem
While many people consume alcohol in moderation, others find it difficult to control their drinking. This lack of control can begin to affect a person’s life in a variety of ways. For example, when someone begins to abuse alcohol, they tend to be hungover the next day. As a result, they may spend the next day just recovering from the night before. Instead of interacting with family or friends, pursuing activities during the day, or being productive in some way, they “lose the day” to the hangover. Ask yourself, “How many days have I or my family lost because of alcohol?”
Common problems from alcohol abuse
- Problems in Relationships – Frequently the first indicator that alcohol has become a problem is when it begins to impact relationships.If you find that you are arguing with your family or friends about your alcohol consumption, maybe it is time to do something about your alcohol use.
- Hangovers – People that drink in moderation don’t typically have hangovers.
- Moody – Alcohol abuse can make you moody and irritable.
- Drinking more than you intended – If can’t limit the amount you drink, maybe it is because the alcohol has control over you instead of you having control of it.
- Not able to stop drinking once you start – If you find that one drink is too many and 10 drinks are not enough, then maybe it is time to get help for your alcohol problem.
- Change in personality – If people tell you that you are a different person when you drink, then it is time to take a serious look at your drinking.
- Decrease in functioning – Alcohol abuse can begin to affect your performance in a variety of ways.Ask yourself if the following areas have been affected by your alcohol consumption.
- Spiritual life
- Legal Problems – If you have recently had a DUI or other legal problem that involved alcohol then it is time to evaluate your alcohol use.
How Alcohol Treatment Helps
Alcohol Treatment can help you get back in control of your life. In treatment, you will learn how to get sober and how to stay that way. Before entering treatment, many people can’t imagine life without alcohol. They may believe that alcohol is the only thing that helps them cope, gives them relief, or makes them happy. In treatment, you will discover that it is possible to create a healthier and happier life in sobriety. We will help you overcome your fears about living without alcohol and help you develop the support network that you need. During alcohol treatment, you will learn coping skills, relapse prevention skills, and behavioral strategies to help you maintain your sobriety.
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help. Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Our affiliate, MHThrive, provides Individual Therapy, Couples and Marriage Counseling, and Family Therapy at our locations in Katy, The Woodlands, and the Clear Lake area of Houston, Texas. We also provide telehealth therapy for anyone who resides within the State of Texas. To schedule an appointment with one of the MHThrive therapists, contact us at 713-477-0333 or visit www.mhthrive.com to learn more.