New Dimensions provides intensive treatment for anxiety disorders. New Dimensions has treatment programs for anxiety disorders in Houston, The Woodlands, and Katy, Texas, and has online treatment programs for individuals who reside within the State of Texas. Our treatment programs are designed to help you decrease your anxiety and help you learn the tools you need to live the life that you want.
Anxiety Disorders can take a variety of forms. The common feature of anxiety disorders is an experience of excessive fear and anxiety that is accompanied by related disturbances in behavior. An anxiety disorder occurs when an individual experiences excessive or persistent anxiety that is beyond normal experiences. Some of the more common Anxiety Disorders include:
- Separation Anxiety Disorder – The most common feature of this disorder is marked by an excessive or inappropriate amount of anxiety around being separated from those people an individual is close to or attached to.
- Phobias – The most common aspect of this disorder is significant anxiety around a specific situation or object. For example, fear of flying can be a phobia.
- Social Anxiety Disorder – The most common feature of this disorder is an intense fear of being in social situations where a person may feel judged or scrutinized by others.
- Panic Disorder – People with panic disorder have recurrent panic attacks. Panic attacks can vary greatly in both frequency and severity, but when they occur panic attacks are generally experienced as intense fear.
- Agoraphobia – One of the most common features of this disorder is the avoidance of situations and places where an individual fears they may not be able to escape from or where they may not be able to receive help. For example, a person with agoraphobia may avoid being in grocery stores because they become fearful of being trapped and having an anxiety attack while in the store.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – A common feature of Generalized Anxiety Disorder is excessive worry and anxiety about events or activities that are out of proportion to the actual events. For example, an individual with Generalized Anxiety Disorder may worry uncontrollably about their family, job, finances, and/or health to the point where the worry and fears begin to interfere with their ability to function.
If you are experiencing anxiety and are unable to manage it effectively, New Dimensions can help!
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is struggling with an anxiety disorder, New Dimensions can help. New Dimensions provides Partial Hospitalization (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programs (IOP) for adolescents and adults with anxiety disorders. To learn more about our programs, contact us at 800-685-9796 or visit our website at www.nddtreatment.com.