Many people worry that seeking treatment for alcoholism or addictions will force them to lose their jobs. Fortunately, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows individuals to use FMLA for mental health and substance abuse issues. As a result, if you have an alcohol or drug abuse problem, you can get help without losing your job. In fact, many people can get help for their alcoholism or addictions without having to take time away from work. The Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program at New Dimensions is held during the evening which allows most people to be able to continue to work while they are in treatment for alcoholism or addictions. In addition, New Dimensions also provides treatment for individuals who are struggling with both mental health and substance abuse issues. So, if you are having trouble functioning at work, you can access your FMLA benefits to focus on your recovery and healing without the added pressures of work. Some of the more common reasons that people need time away from work to address their mental health and substance abuse issues include:
- Struggling to function at work.
- Unable to concentrate at work.
- Stressed out and overwhelmed by the pressures of the job.
- Worried about losing a job because of decreased productivity at work?
- Increased absenteeism due to anxiety, stress, depression, or alcoholism.
- Increased anger outbursts at work because of mental health or substance abuse issues.
- Increased conflicts at work.
- Increased tardiness at work because of difficulty with sleep.
- Feelings of hopelessness.
- Unable to control the amount or frequency of alcohol or substance use.
- Panic Attacks.
- Severe Depression.
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help. Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Our affiliate, MHThrive, provides Individual Therapy, Couples and Marriage Counseling, and Family Therapy at our locations in Katy, The Woodlands, and the Clear Lake area of Houston, Texas. We also provide telehealth therapy for anyone who resides within the State of Texas. To schedule an appointment with one of the MHThrive therapists, contact us at 713-477-0333 or visit www.mhthrive.com to learn more.