If you live in the greater Houston area and are looking for help with your depression, New Dimensions can help. Depression is a debilitating disorder that can strike at any age. Left untreated, depression can take the enjoyment out of life and can lead to a variety of problems, including problems with relationships, physical health, and emotional well-being. Depression can also lead to thoughts of suicide. Depression is more than just having a “down day” or being in an occasional “bad mood.” Depression is a serious medical condition that completely consumes a person and depletes their emotional and physical energy. The simplest tasks can feel insurmountable when you are depressed. If you are depressed, it is important to understand that help is available, so you don’t have to continue to suffer alone.
To get depression help, it is often useful to understand the signs and symptoms of depression. Some of the most common symptoms of depression and phrases that people use when they are depressed are listed below.
- Depressed Mood
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of interest in things that previously brought enjoyment.
- Weight loss or weight gain.
- Sleep Disturbance.
- Feelings of worthlessness.
- Inability to concentrate.
- Thoughts of death and dying.
- Suicidal thoughts
Common expressions frequently heard from individuals that are depressed.
- “I don’t feel like doing anything”
- “I get irritated with everybody.”
- “I’m just not interested anymore.”
- “I don’t have the energy to do anything.”
- “I’m too tired.”
- “My body hurts.”
- “It won’t matter anyway.”
- “Nothing will help.”
- “I wish I just would go to sleep and not wake up.”
- “Why try?”
- “It is too hard to get up in the morning.”
- “I hate my life.”
- “I wish it would all end.”
- “I just want the pain to end.”
- “I can’t.”
- “I wish that I was dead.”
- “I can’t quit crying and don’t know why.”
- “I’m depressed.”
- “I feel agitated all of the time.”
- “No matter how much I sleep, I still feel tired.”
- “I can’t sleep.”
- “I don’t see the point in living anymore.”
If you are experiencing the symptoms above or find yourself saying some of these expressions, then you may be depressed. It is important to remember that help for depression is available. Depression is a treatable condition and so you don’t have to just endure the depression. The programs at New Dimensions can help you overcome your depression and help you develop the tools you need to live a healthier and happier life. Isn’t it time to stop suffering and get the help you need for your depression?
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help. Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Our affiliate, MHThrive, provides Individual Therapy, Couples and Marriage Counseling, and Family Therapy at our locations in Katy, The Woodlands, and the Clear Lake area of Houston, Texas. We also provide telehealth therapy for anyone who resides within the State of Texas. To schedule an appointment with one of the MHThrive therapists, contact us at 713-477-0333 or visit www.mhthrive.com to learn more.