Bipolar Disorder is characterized by a number of symptoms. Some of those symptoms include:
- Abnormally and persistent elevated, expansive, or irritable mood
- Abnormally high energy and drive toward goals
- Decreased need for sleep
- Excessively talkative
- Racing thoughts
- Excessive involvement in high-risk activities or activities that have the potential for negative consequences (i.e. shopping sprees, sexual activity, or risky business decisions).
- Depressed Mood
- Diminished Interest in and/or Participation in Activities
- Significant Change in Weight
- Sleep Problems
- Loss of Energy
- Frequent Crying
- Increased Physical Pain
- Difficulty Making Decisions and Concentrating
- Physical Retardation
- Irritability and Agitation
- Low Self-Esteem
- Hopelessness and Helplessness
- Suicidal Thoughts
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help. Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Our affiliate, MHThrive, provides Individual Therapy, Couples and Marriage Counseling, and Family Therapy at our locations in Katy, The Woodlands, and the Clear Lake area of Houston, Texas. We also provide telehealth therapy for anyone who resides within the State of Texas. To schedule an appointment with one of the MHThrive therapists, contact us at 713-477-0333 or visit www.mhthrive.com to learn more.