If you are looking for psychological treatment for PTSD, New Dimensions can help. We have Intensive Day Treatment Programs and Intensive Outpatient Programs for adolescents and adults who have experienced trauma and are struggling with PTSD as a result. Our programs are intensive and are designed to help individuals overcome the trauma and learn the tools they need to effectively cope in the future. New Dimensions has treatment programs in Katy, The Woodlands, and The Clear Lake area of Houston, Texas. We also offer online psychological treatment programs for PTSD for adolescents and adults who reside anywhere within the State of Texas.
PTSD Can Happen to Anyone
Current estimates are that as many as 70% of adults in the U.S. have experienced at least one traumatic event in their lifetimes and that as many as 20% of people that experience a traumatic event will develop Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). As a result, it is helpful to learn to recognize the symptoms associated with PTSD.
The most common symptoms of PTSD include:
- Recurrent and intrusive memories of the traumatic event
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event.
- Recurrent dreams or nightmares about the traumatic event
- Intense distress resulting from anything that triggers memories.
- Avoiding anything that reminds you of the trauma.
- Becoming emotionally “numb”.
- Blocking out memories of the trauma.
- Irrational guilt around the traumatic event.
- Persistent negative emotions such as fear, horror, anger, guilt, and shame.
- Persistent inability to feel positive emotions such as love or happiness.
- Loss of interest in activities.
- Having difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Becoming easily angered or agitated.
- Becoming hyper-vigilant or easily startled.
- Becoming depressed and anxious.
- Reckless or self-destructive behavior.
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help. Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Our affiliate, MHThrive, provides Individual Therapy, Couples and Marriage Counseling, and Family Therapy at our locations in Katy, The Woodlands, and the Clear Lake area of Houston, Texas. We also provide telehealth therapy for anyone who resides within the State of Texas. To schedule an appointment with one of the MHThrive therapists, contact us at 713-477-0333 or visit www.mhthrive.com to learn more.