Ever wonder why people around you can control their drinking when you can’t? Ever wonder if you have a drinking problem? Ever regretted drinking too much the night before? If you have ever asked yourself these questions, then you might have a drinking problem. No one likes to admit that they have a drinking problem. After all, alcohol is all around us and is a part of our culture. Yet, not everyone is able to control their drinking. In fact, according to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, over 15 million adults in 2015 had an Alcohol Use Disorder. In other words, if you have a drinking problem you are not alone.
Signs of a Drinking Problem
- You keep drinking when others around you quit.
- You drink more than you intended to.
- Drinking begins to affect your mood.
- You frequently get into arguments with others after you have been drinking.
- You can’t imagine being in a social setting without drinking.
- You have had a DUI or other legal issues because of your drinking.
- You feel “hung over” after drinking.
- Your family or friends have started to complain about your drinking.
- You have missed work, school, or some other function because of your drinking.
- You begin to hide how much you are drinking.
New Dimensions Can Help!
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of the above symptoms or problems, New Dimensions can help. Our team of experienced therapists and psychiatrists can help you overcome these challenges and help you develop the skills you need to thrive. To schedule a complementary assessment or to find out more about our programs, contact us at 1-800-685-9796.
Our affiliate, MHThrive, provides Individual Therapy, Couples and Marriage Counseling, and Family Therapy at our locations in Katy, The Woodlands, and the Clear Lake area of Houston, Texas. We also provide telehealth therapy for anyone who resides within the State of Texas. To schedule an appointment with one of the MHThrive therapists, contact us at 713-477-0333 or visit www.mhthrive.com to learn more.